- Bread and Circuses – An Opera in Two Acts and a Wrestling Show with libretto by Charles Ogilvie
- You Turn Me On, I’m a Radio (by Joni Mitchell) – Arrangement for Voice and Cello
Jazz Arrangements for Voice and Piano
“Hyacinth” (2007); “Only until this cigarette is ended” (2013); “If I Were a Bell” – Frank Loesser (1950) (arr. Wade); “Whisper Not” – Benny Golson (1956) (arr. Wade)
- Rosies: an operatic scene for two sopranos and mezzo with libretto by Caitlin Vincent.
First Performance: Concert performance of an excerpt on October 19th, 2017 at Semperoper Dresden, Germany.
- Boy Loses Girl (in the Beer Tent) one act comic opera about Oktoberfest for soprano, tenor and SSAB chorus with libretto by Vynnie Meli.
- American Winning Machine for orchestra
(2-2-2-2, 2-1-1-1, timpani, 1 percussion, strings)
- Divertimento for chamber orchestra
(1-1-1-1, 1-1-1-0, 1 percussion, strings)
- Marsch der Odenwälder Trachtenkapelle for marching band
Instrumentation: 4 flutes, 2 oboes, 4 clarinets in Bb, 1 alto saxophone, 2 tenor saxophones, 2 bassoons, 3 trumpet in Bb, 4 flugel horns, 2 horns in F, 2 trombones, 1 bass trombone, 2 baritone horns, 2 tubas, percussion (cymbals, snare, bass drum).
- The Stranger the Better – one act comic opera for soprano, mezzo, tenor and baritone with libretto by Vynnie Meli.
First Performance: April 2nd, 2016 at The Atlanta Opera
Award: Audience Choice Award at The Atlanta Opera 24-Hour Opera Project® in 2016
Orchestration: flute, clarinet, bassoon, piano, percussion, violin, viola, cello, bass
- “Chamber Music“: 8 songs for tenor and piano on poems by James Joyce
First Performance: April 10th, 2016 at Anton’s Well Theater Berkeley, CA
- “The Cat and the Moon“ on a poem by W.B. Yeats. New arrangement for soprano, oboe and piano.
First Performance: March 10th, 2016 at Semperoper Dresden, Germany.
- Piano Trio – for violin, cello and piano
First Performance: October 8th, 2015 at the Academy of Vocal Arts, Philadelphia, by the Lee Trio.
Commissioned by the Wagner Society of Northern California.
Award: residency at the prestigious Avaloch Farm Institute in New Hampshire to develop this new work alongside the Lee Trio.
- The Eve of Waterloo – monodrama for heldentenor and piano on a text by Lord Byron.
First Performance: June 9th, 2015 in San Francisco, by Heldentenor John Packard and Pianist Markus Pawlik, on a recital presented by the Consul General of the Federal Republic of Germany and The Wagner Society of Northern California.
- Love in the Time of Email – song cycle for soprano, cello and piano with librettist Caitlin Vincent.
First Performance: October 8th, 2015 at the Academy of Vocal Arts, Philadelphia, by Lisa Willson (soprano), Louis Menendez (piano) and Angela Lee (cello).
- Recuerdo – arranged for mezzo-soprano and piano trio on a poem by Edna St. Vincent Millay.
First Performance: March 19th, 2015 at the Semperoper Dresden, Germany.
- Full Fathom Five – song cycle for soprano, cello and piano on 6 poems by Edna St. Vincent Millay
First Performance: January 25th, 2015 on San Francisco Opera cellist Emil Miland’s 2015 Noe Valley Chamber Music recital in San Francisco, CA.
Award: San Francisco Friends of Chamber Music 2014 Musical Grant
Recording: featured on soprano Ann Moss’s CD Love Life. Recorded at Skywalker Sound (release date: 09/09/2016)
- Susannah 2000 Songbook – Sci-fi comic opera with libretto by Dara Weinberg.
First Performance: on North American New Opera Workshop’s Sci-Fi Nite, McMicken Free Space, Cincinnati, Ohio. 2016
- High and Low – 4 songs for soprano on texts by John Grimmett and Edna St. Vincent Millay – premiered by soprano Jennifer Piazza-Pick
- Joni Mitchell Suite – Originally produced at Skywalker Sound for Ann Moss’s debut album, Currents, JMS is an ongoing collaboration on arrangements of songs by Joni Mitchell for soprano and various ensembles for Moss’s live performances.
- Part of the Act – one act, comic chamber opera for soprano, mezzo and baritone with libretto by John Grimmett.
First Performance: on the 2012-13 season at the Kennedy Center, Washington
Commissioned by Washington National Opera
Award: Festival Award in Opera at the Boston Metro Opera 2014 International Composers’ Competition
Orchestration: Flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, percussion, strings
- Funny Napkins – a mini-cabaret children’s opera for 2 sopranos on texts by Ava and Hana, ages 4 and 6 – premiered by the M2B Ensemble
- “Spring Night” – for soprano and piano on a poem by Sara Teasdale – premiered by soprano Katharine McGregor
- Drei Träume – for soprano, viola and piano on poems by Lisa DeSiro – premiered by the One Art Ensemble
- String Quartet No. 4 – premiered by the Hausmann Quartet
- Arrangements of Frank Zappa’s “Peaches En Regalia” and “Eat That Question”, and Weird Al Yankovic’s “Genius in France” – for a very extended Pierrot Ensemble. (fl, bcl, pno, perc, 2 vln, vla, vcl, guitar, vocals) – premiered by the Firebird Ensemble in Cambridge, MA
- Silver Apples – 4 songs on poems by Stevenson, Poe, Yeats and DeSiro – premiered by soprano Ann Moss
- String Quartet No. 3 – premiered by the Cecilia String Quartet
- Edna Songs (aka 4 poems of Edna Millay) – song cycle for soprano and string quartet – premiered by soprano Ann Moss
- String Quartet No. 2 – premiered at La Jolla Music Society by the Cecilia String Quartet